6 Benefits of Essential Minerals for Your Body
Turn over any packaged food item and you’ll find the nutrition facts panel on the back. There’s a reason this information is included on just about any consumable product you buy: because it’s important to know what’s going in your body. But what the nutrition label doesn’t tell you is why these many macronutrients, vitamins and minerals are important.
The fact is, our bodies break down everything we put into them and use it as fuel for everything from physiological processes to cellular function. Aside from macronutrients like fat, protein and carbohydrates, our body relies heavily on vitamins and minerals to make sure we’re operating at a healthy level every day.
Food isn’t the only place you can get essential vitamins and minerals, either! Many people supplement them in pill or powder form… but that’s only because they’re drinking water that’s been depleted of these essential nutrients! That’s right: your water supply carries an abundance of vitamins and minerals, but you can only take advantage of them if you’re filtering water the right way.
To understand the right way to filter water without removing essential minerals, keep reading.
What Essential Minerals and Vitamins Does Your Body Need?
There’s a broad list of essential minerals and vitamins our bodies need to function properly on a day-to-day basis. Here’s a look at some of the most prevalent minerals found in food and drinking water and the role they play in health and wellness when they’re not filtered out:
- Calcium: Healthy bones and teeth, as well as clotting and immune health.
- Copper: Metabolism and red blood cell production, as well as free radical control.
- Iron: Blood oxygenation and activation for certain digestive enzymes.
- Magnesium: Healthy bones and teeth, as well as muscle contraction and nerve health.
- Potassium: Balances bodily fluids and aids in muscle and heartbeat regulation.
- Sodium: Helps the body send nerve impulses and promotes muscle regulation.
- Zinc: Helps make protein in DNA, boost the immune system and promotes healing.
Don’t forget about vitamins, either! Our bodies need A, C, D, E, K and the various B Vitamins to function at a cellular level. Vitamins serve a host of purposes, from improving food metabolization to enhancing the health of our hair, skin and nails.
While we rely on some more than others, these are an important everyday part of our diet. The problem is, most people aren’t getting the vitamins and minerals they need each day. It’s why doctors often recommend taking a multivitamin. What most people also don’t realize is that some of the habits they think are good are actually bad—like filtering everything out of water!
How are Minerals and Vitamins Absorbed in the Body?
Most are absorbed by the body through the walls of the small intestine. Fat-soluble vitamins enter the lymphatic system of the body, where they’re paired with a protein carrier and distributed throughout the body where they’re needed. Excess vitamins are stored in the liver and fatty tissue, where they’re released over time, as demanded by the body.
The key to proper absorption is bioavailability. This is the measure of the ease by which your body can accept, break down and distribute vitamins and minerals. There’s a strong link between hydration and bioavailability, which points to the importance of healthy water in total body health—that is to say, water that includes vitamins and minerals that might otherwise be filtered out.
Simply put: drinking water helps your body absorb the vital vitamins and nutrients it needs. Drinking healthy water that includes these is even better.
6 Benefits of Essential Minerals for the Body
While each individual vitamin and mineral plays an important part in the holistic health, drinking healthy water and maintaining a nutrient-rich diet adds up to some major overall benefits for your body. Here are six of the biggest benefits of essential minerals for the body:
- Improves and enhances cellular health and function, to improve baseline health;
- Promotes energy, focus, attention and clarity on a day-to-day basis;
- Uplifts mental health and cognitive function, resulting in mindfulness;
- Improves the body’s ability to recover from injury and combat chronic illness;
- Reduces the cellular effects of aging, pollution, free radicals and other disruptors; and
- Promotes total body synergy between governing physiologic systems.
In simpler terms, giving your body essential vitamins and minerals results in some huge, long-term benefits that are hard to ignore!The simplest way to tap into these benefits is to start drinking water—and not just any water; properly filtered alkaline water that’s rich with vitamins and minerals. We recommend getting an Aquaspace® Alkaline Water Filter for your home today and start treating your body to the benefits of bioavailable vitamins and minerals.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.